What are the requirements for applying to the fellowship program?
To apply for the fellowship program, applicants need to meet the following requirements:
- A complete application. Please note any incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Applicants must have passed all relevant surgical exams (equivalent of FRACS) prior to commencing the fellowship.
- An International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of 7 or higher in all sections is required for registration with the Medical Board of Australia.
All applications must be completed online through our applications portal.
Are there any standard forms that I need to complete as part of the application procedure?
Please scan all documents (e.g. cover letter, CVs, referee reports) as one PDF.
Only online applications consisting of the following documents will be considered:
- Completion of the online application form
- Curriculum Vitae
- Three written references from your supervisors (within the last 12 months). Please also include the referees contact details. We prefer 5 referees contact details.
- Cover letter which should detail:
- Your desired Fellowship program (upper limb or shoulder)
- Your desired commencement date (month and year)
- Why you wish to apply for this fellowship program
- Your career aspirations
- What you can offer to the fellowship program
- Statement detailing that you will have completed the required surgical examinations (FRACS or higher) prior to commencing the fellowship
- If you are an overseas trained surgeon, a commitment in writing that you intend to return home upon completion of the fellowship program.
Can an overseas trained surgeon apply?
Yes, overseas trained surgeons are able to apply. However, fellows are expected return to their country of origin on completion of the fellowship program.
What are the requirements, policies and procedures of the fellowship program?
All appointed fellows are expected to have read the Fellowship and Research Institute’s policies and procedures manual. Please contact the Fellowship Coordinator if you require a copy of these documents.
Contact Fellowship Manager
Is there a standard format for the CV or referee reports?
We accept any standard CV and referee. You can use our standard templates for the CV which are in the Queensland Health format if you prefer.
Please see below for our standard referee template.
What are the core procedures that fellows are ensured exposure to in the Fellowship of Shoulder Arthroplasty and Arthroscopy?
- Arthroscopic anterior, posterior and global stabilisation
- Arthroscopic and open laterjet and bone block procedures
- Arthroscopic and open ACJ stabilisation
– full thickness
- Arthroscopic SAD and ACJ resection
- Open cuff repair
- Arthroscopic debridement
- Anatomic TSR
– Recessed miniglenoid
– All poly
– Modular platform
- Reverse shoulder arthroplasty
Is there a template for reference report for my referees to complete?
Whilst we will accept all written referrals, we do have a template to complete if you prefer.