What are the requirements for applying to the fellowship program?
To apply for the fellowship program, applicants need to meet the following requirements:
- A complete application. Please note any incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Applicants must have passed all relevant surgical exams (equivelant of FRACS) prior to commencing the fellowship.
- Applying fellows must have a IELTS score of 7 or higher in all sections IF they have trained in a non-english speaking institution (includes secondary schooling).
All applications must be completed online through our applications portal.
Are there any standard forms that I need to complete as part of the application procedure?
Applications need to consist of the following documents:
- Completion of the online application form
- Curiculum Vitae
- Three written references from your supervisors (within the last 12 months). Please also include the referees contact details. We prefer 5 referees contact details.
- Cover letter which should detail:
- Why you wish to apply for this fellowship program
- Your career aspirations
- What you can offer to the fellowship program
- Statement detailing that you will have completed the required surgical examinations (FRACS or higher) prior to commencing the fellowship
- If you are an overseas trained surgeon, a commitment in writing that you intend to return home upon completion of the fellowship program.
Can an overseas trained surgeon apply?
Yes, overseas trained surgeons are able to apply. However, fellows must return to their country of origin on completion of the fellowship program. Please refer to FAQ 7 for more details.
What are the requirements, policies and procedures of the fellowship program?
All fellows are expected to have read the Fellowship and Research Institute’s policies and procedures manual. Please contact the Fellowship Coordinator if you require a copy of these documents.
Contact Fellowship Coordinator
Is there a standard format for the CV or referee reports?
Yes, If you can use our for the CV which are in the Queensland Health format. standard templates
Please see below for our standard referee template.
What are the core procedures that fellows are ensured exposure to in the Fellowship of Shoulder Arthroplasty and Arthroscopy?
- Arthroscopic anterior, posterior and global stabilisation
- Arthroscopic and open laterjet and bone block procedures
- Arthroscopic and open ACJ stabilisation
– full thickness
- Arthroscopic SAD and ACJ resection
- Open cuff repair
- Arthroscopic debridement
- Anatomic TSR
– Recessed miniglenoid
– All poly
– Modular platform
- Reverse shoulder arthroplasty
Can I stay in Australia after I complete my fellowship?
The answer to this is definitely NO. This is not an immigration program.
If you stay in Australia afterwards, the consultants will neither support this NOR will they provide any further references for you to work in Australia or elsewhere if you attempt to stay. You must return home after you complete your fellowship.
Is there a template for reference report for my referees to complete?
Whilst we will accept all written referrals, we do have a template to complete if you prefer.